Furnace Repairs and New Furnace Information For Calgary Alberta
Are you thinking of replacing your
If your furnace is over 15 years of age, you should replace with a new more
efficient model. With all the different types and makes, it can be a bit
overwhelming to pick the make and model right for you.
Things to look for:
- Do you need a fresh-air and combustion air intake pipe
install? If there isn't a fresh-air and combustion air intake
currently in your home, you are required by law to have one
installed with the new furnace.
- Do you need a high efficient furnace? High efficient
furnaces use less gas than the regular mid efficient units, however, furnace
and installation cost are higher. In Canada, high efficient furnaces are
mandated by law.
- Do you need to upgrade your cold-air return ducts in your
home? New furnaces blow much more air through the duct work than
older models, this means you may
need to install more return air for the new furnace to work
- Make sure you have an easy to change filter system installed
with the new furnace. A clean furnace is a happy furnace!
- A city of Calgary permit is required for all new installs in
the city of Calgary.
- Only licensed gasfitters or sheet medal mechanics can do the
furnace install. Ask to see credentials.
- At Mr Tap, we can install a new furnace for you. If you need
to finance, we can help with our in house financing plans. Call
Rod for a quote when your ready.